Monday, September 8, 2008

It Ain't My Birthday But I Got My Name On the Cake

Well since school is back in, allow me to join everyone in complaining about something we all have to do in order to get by... studying. I know, I know ... boo freaking hoo, everyone has to study. Suck it up. Yadda Yadda Yadda.

Well, I can still complain about it can't I? This is my blog and I do what I want. I run with 5 gangs, I do what I want.

Anyway, there is no coincidence that the word "dying" is involved with "studying". Nothing says "I feel like crap" quite like studying all day for a test or whatever and then looking back at what you first looked at and not remembering any of it.

What is worse, I don't think I actually learned much of anything in college or high school or before. Studying at that time was like throwing shit at the wall, sure some of it stuck, but the whole process seemed counterproductive and it stunk. Now studying for school is like an ultra marathon. A constant barrage of work. Learn some each day and hope that by test time you know the material. Then hope you remember it well down the line when you will need to know that stuff in a real situation.

Well ... that rant was pointless. But it helped me build a bridge and now I am over it. Back to the books ... this week will probably be crappily written, maybe kind of short, and more than slightly ridiculous. Enjoy!

No comments: