Sunday, December 14, 2008

And if we were walking through a crowd, well you know I’d be proud if you’d call my name out loud.

Know what saying I have never understood? "I shit you not!" It is used as an exclamation to ensure another person that they need not doubt what they are saying. I'm sure it came from "I kid you not" or "I'm not shitting you" from "I'm not kidding you."

First of all kid and shit are not synonyms, no matter how much they are related to each other. A kid can be as dumb as shit, ugly as shit, smell like shit, a shit for brains, a shiteater, but they are not physically shit.

Secondly, if I said "I am kidding" you would get a totally visual than had I said "I am shitting".

Therefore, I am not convinced by you saying "I shit you not" because I know that already. I know you are not physically shitting me. I am not part of your defecation. This is already clear to me. However, I now not only question the statement you made previously, but your intelligence as a whole.

1 comment:

Dan Chazin said...

I'm crapping you negative...