Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My experience with Performance Enhancers

I woke up early for my 8 am game. I pulled on my jersey and headed to the breakfast table. I grabbed a bowl and filled it with Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I added some milk. Then I devoured that sugary goodness.

Fast forward to the game. Playoffs. I was playing up a division as an 8 year old and my team, the Spurs, were playing in the first round. Down by two (Ok I don't remember the score but it was close) with two minutes left. I catch the ball in the corner and let one fly.

Three pointer. Nothing but net.

Next time down the court ... instant replay.

I finished the game with 12 points and my team won. Those were my first two three-pointers I ever made. We went on to win the title that year. The real Spurs would win won later.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch became THE pre-game breakfast cereal of my childhood.

No comments: