Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Not as much as Michael Phelps...

Over a break freshman year I was sitting in my friend's basement with a group of people. We were talking and sharing stories of our first semester at school. Eventually my friend's dad came down to hang out.

This was normal. The man used to buy us pizza and snacks and play poker with us, only to give back our money if he won. He was pretty good, so he generally won.

So he just sits there and listens to us talk for a bit. Finally he turns to me and asks the oddest question.

"So ... how many calories they got you eating a day?"

I thought for a second, realized I had no clue how many calories I ate per day, and responded with ... nothing.

My friend spoke before I could and said what we were all thinking "Dad, that is a really weird question."

We laughed about it and talked some more. He knew I had been trying to gain weight for sports and was wondering how it was going. He just asked it bizarrely. Still love that guy, but that story is a favorite.

No comments: