Thursday, June 12, 2008

Must See 5 Things

The quote of the week this week is actually an epitaph. In fact it is the epitaph of someone famous. Hence the quote being known. Nikos Kazantzakis was a Greek writer most famous for the novels "The Last Temptation of Christ" and "Zorba the Greek". His epitaph reads "Δεν ελπίζω τίποτε. Δεν φοβούμαι τίποτε. Είμαι λεύτερος." Powerful stuff. I know what you are thinking: "That is Greek to me!" Well, guess what? It is Greek to everyone. For you stupid Americans who are monolingual (unilingual?) ... myself included ... the translation to English is: "I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free."

The link of the week this week is chunkytees.com. This website sells t-shirts of various designs proclaiming love for Jack Bauer, the West Coast, Bay Area, San Jose, and others. I own two of them and let me tell you ... they truly are "Hella Tight". Better than everything is I know Ms. Chunky and this is a one-woman operation. She's awesome and you should probably buy a shirt. Check em out.

The game of the week is ... well ... embarrassing for me to post. It is Fashion Solitaire. The premise is hat you have to dress these models up in outfits that match two specifications. The clothing is on cards and you have to make sure you do not get stuck with bad combinations of cards or your models won't be ready. To be fair ... the game is pretty easy. However, I find I am addicted. I am afraid and ashamed for myself. Enjoy.

The picture of the week was taken by myself in Ann Arbor, MI at a pumpkin farm:


The video of the week is responsible for me getting a nickname ... Whale Cancer ... in certain ultimate circles:


Enjoy your Thursday

No comments: